Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Tale of Two Heathers

I work at a hospital. With super fabulous ladies. One of them is a Heather, just like me.

Sometimes people confuse us.

(Actually no one has ever confused us, but I wish it would happen because the other Heather is REALLY smart.)

Sometimes at work we have lot of conversations at work about life, and parenting, and marriage, and finances, and various and sundry other challenges.

Then...............

Sometimes I log into my iGoogle account at work.

Sometimes I walk away from the computer leaving my blog's dashboard still open.

Sometimes the other Heather takes advantage of this open dashboard.

Sometimes the other Heather will write a post as though she were me.

(One time the other Heather wrote a very silly post. About the word throbbing. My mom read it. I deleted it.)

Sometimes the other Heather knows that this Heather needs a little TLC. A little pride boost. A little cheering section.

Sometimes she is right.

Sometimes the other Heather hopes to make me feel better.

Sometimes she is super successful.

Thank you Heather Digby.

Thank you oodles to all of you who so enthusiastically agreed with the fact that "I rock." I really, really needed it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny and cute and NICE! Great job, Heather Digby...you had me fooled I TOTALLY thought it was the OTHER Heather! You both ROCK...totally!
-nicki

Claremont First Ward said...

Last time I totally laughed about your random "throbbing" post and laughed harder when I realized you'd been hacked by someone you knew.

I didn't see this one, but I LOVED it. What a wonderful friend. All of those things are so true!

Katie B. said...

Super funny... and you SHOULD know by now to NEVER EVER leave your blog up when the other Heather is working.... she's a sneaky one that girl.... but I must admit it... she was right. You DO ROCK. .......... and you are REALLY funny too ! ;)

latree said...

very funny!
I have two readers named 'heather'. every time I get a comment from 'heather' I need to check up, which 'heather' is this?

:D