The first picture of Big Mama and Papa Alosha together in more that 4 years. How crazy is that? Don't you love the pimpin' Camry in the background? The truth is, when we were pre- birthday party shopping at Target we walked right past it because we both didn't recognize it without 2 carseats in the back! Silly us!
The Heron Haus, where we stayed. It was simply lovely. It just felt quaint, elegant, comfy and was in the coolest part of town. Plus the jacuzzi tub was exactly what Big Mama needed.
Our amazing desert from Papa Hadyn's. Butterscotch Cheesecake. I had to remind Alex that eating the sweet stuff doesn't count as bad for you on your Birthday. It took some serious coaxing, but was well worth the effort.
Where the magic happens! And by that I mean 8 hours of un-interrupted sleep! Yep, 8 whole hours.What we learned on our parental adventure:
*Big Mama dropped the kids off @ 1:00 @ Nana & Papa's. By 5:30 she was really missing them.
*Alex had a hard time letting go as evidenced by calls every 3 minutes to my mom in the half hour before we left. You know, things like "Don't forget to turn on the nightlights." "Don't give them a bath if that makes it more stressful." And my personal favorite "When you shake up the bottles, don't forget to plug the nipple with your finger or the milk will spray everywhere."
*Alex noticed everyone else's babies and actually commented on them. He never does that!
*We must really be simple people because with all of the food choices, we still ended up at Chevy's for dinner. (Chevy's salsa? The raddest evah.)
*Shopping without kids is positively fun.
*Nana's get tired out pretty easy. When I picked up the girls, both Nana & Papa were sleeping. What did Nana say? "I really need a break. I need some 'me' time!" And Nana's, without question, deserve every minute of it.
*No matter how many trips you make to Pottery Barn, you still may not be able to agree on a rug.
*Your children still love you when you come back home and the happiest sight is them still laughing, smiling, hugging and healthy.
*When you force your husband to abandon studying, he fills his time up spoiling you with foot rubs and stuff.
*You remember that your spouse still loves you, and you love them.
2 comments:
Heather,
I'm so glad you thoroughly enjoyed yourself during your night with Alex. It sounds like the time away was rejeuvinating....loved reading about it.
I am so glad you had a great time! In almost ten years of marriage we have never gone away alone. We are planning something this summer! I love that you wrote... you remember why you love your spouse. I have so many friends who say just that when they go out. We all need to spend time remembering who we were before becoming parents.
Post a Comment