Tuesday, January 30, 2007

No other can do..............

I have been totally struck by a message that my visiting teacher brought to my attention. "I can do things for other people that no one ever born can do." What? Me? Really? That's crazy. But then, I think about all the people who have changed me, my perspective, my reality, all for good. And they have no clue. And they were the only ones on the planet who could do that for me. Whether is was a talk at church, a quiet conversation at work or just by example. I am better because of so many others. So I think our influence goes so beyond our little families. I know that Lilly and Haddie were chosen to be my children. I feel that. But maybe there are things I am the only one on the planet who can offer. Maybe there are people only I can touch. Maybe you are the only person on the planet who can offer what you have been blessed with. I'm pretty sure that's true. We just have to keep doing what we do, the very best we can. I've also been told that we usually do our best. Love that kind of encouragement and reassurance. It's amazing to think that we may never know the full and complete power we have to change lives.

Haddie took 3 steps today. Unbelievable.

No comments: