Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Case of the Happies........................



I am super easy. Easy to make happy. I find the simple things to make me smile the very, very most. Like that little one above. We hit the zoo with her kindergarten class. I loved every second of it. Excited kids, no crowds, animals out like crazy, and a beautiful sunshiny morning. Bliss! And who can resist that wild 80's rock hair she sports? It's just not tamable. And that's the way she likes it. So I like it to. Although I am sure the actual candidates for mother of year get chest pain when they see her hairdo. Whatever, right?

You know what else makes me happy? An iPhone with fully functioning sounds. Yesterday, for almost the whole day, my iPhone stopped making sounds for alerts such as email and texts, stopped being able to play music or the sound on videos. It seems so silly, but I almost lost my mind over it. Truly. On top of all the work readjustments, a night full of vomiting children followed by a day of massive amounts of laundry, I just wanted something to be easy. I just wanted my phone to work. So I googled, and read, and googled and read all these things people had tried. And I tried them all. Finally when big daddy woke up, I told him the last thing I haven't tried yet, using a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol to brush over the docking port. So with nothing to lose, Big Daddy scrubbed out my docking port (sounds so dirty!!!) and to my surprise and DELIGHT, my phone began working again. Praise the heavens above!!! Start texting me people! I'm back in business!!!

I wish blogger would let you hear my boy speak. He has an awesome, awesome, raspy, crackley voice. I am not joking you when I tell you how cool it is. So when you add this amazing rasp, and Napoleon Dynamite quotes coming from a 3 year old, you have one, happy, happy mama. All of my favorite things coming together. In a trifecta of joy.

"Why don't you get out of my life and shut up!"

"Freaking idiot!"

"But my lips hurt real bad!"

"It's pretty much my favorite animal."

"Worst day of my life. What do you think?"

Priceless, wonderful entertainment. See? I'm pretty easy to make happy.

1 comment:

Katie B. said...

Soo... "Big Daddy scrubbed the docking port" eh??!!! Haahaaha You CRACK me up!! Napoleon Dynamite... I still only like the quotes because you think they are so dang funny! But.. I would LOVE to hear Coop-Dog role off a few quotes :)