Monday, December 07, 2009

Happy Yuletide................................

There's just been much of the going ons, well, going on.

Tis the season, if I do say so myself!

And if just being jolly and of good cheer wasn't hard enough, we've been stricken with illness {I diagnosed pneumonia of the most horriblest, awfullest kind, on myself.} We've badly smashed baby boy fingers in doors which led to oodles of deliberation as to if we should high tail it to our nearest Emergency Department {we stayed home}. We've welcomed {ish.......} our Baba Vera for her yearly pilgrimage to our humble domicile {humble=too small for 6 people}. And we've been working at a feverish pace to finish all Coop Dog Proof Christmas Tree Decorations. And when I say "we," of course I mean me, alone, solo, {abandoned}.

But, sitting in front of the computer for those many hours I was stationed at Rutsville have really paid off! I have been inspired by all of the most clever and frugally minded domestic engineers. And I'm happy to report that all of our newly retro themed Christmas decorations will have cost a grand total of FOURTEEN DOLLARS. {Patting myself on the back as we speak because I really wanted a fourteen hundred dollar overhaul of the holiday bedazzlement. But it wasn't in the budget.}

And because every good post needs some pictures.....................................

Santa and Mrs. Claus kindly met us for breakfast at California Pizza Kitchen. Who knew they rocked the pizza?

Maybe, just maybe she'll get her craft on with me someday? She threaded this needle like a pro! And my insides got all gushy!Sadly she left me shortly after and I was companionless in the quest to see all these together for garland.
And a special Night in Bethlehem. The girls enjoyed it a lot. Thank you Activities Committe!!
We're the bravest family ever. Out there in the frigid tundra of Oregon with all the other bravest families getting our tree. Ya know, next year, I'm gonna make it into the tree picture. Scout's honor.

5 comments:

Katie B. said...

$14.00??!!! I'm sooo proud of you!!! YOU ARE A WIZARD.... 'Hopefully the $1400.00 Christmas remodel will be next year...ohhh dreams... aren't they wonderful! ;)

georgina said...

You never cease to amaze me...Good to see you back!

Peppermint Lane said...

Looks like your keeping busy. I'd love to see a picture of your tree all done up. I bet it looks amazing.

latree said...

love the pictures with santa..
the day will come, you'll have her as a partner doing handicrafts...

Anonymous said...

I think it is going to be some bring old article, but it really compensated for my time. I will postedthe trackback to the article on my blog. I am sure ours visitors will thought this very useful