Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ponderings.................

Wish I could say I'm drowning in the spirit of the season.

But I'm too busy with silly mind wandering.

Exhibit A:

*What would it be like to work on a quilt all day long, 'til the wee hours of the morning, with HGTV rolling along in the background, an endless fountain of Diet Coke and jelly beans, a phone attached to my cheek with oodles of friends on the other line gossiping and plotting to save the world one marriage at a time?

*What if I could be a first grade teacher? How would I decorate my room?

*What if I had a handyman at my disposal for a whole week, to finish all my undone projects and paint layers and layers of colors on my walls?

*What if my children were happy and cooperative all day, for just one day, all at the same time?

*What if I was able to sleep for 8 hours straight?

*Will someone please move out of my dream house, and sell it to me dirt cheap? Or at least offer to build me one exactly like it at a ridiculous discount?

*Why doesn't Portland have any good flea markets?

*How can I get myself to Daiso?

*When will we ever get a cross country road trip in?

*Are those glass bottom cabins in Fiji really relaxing? I mean, over the water?

*Is there a baby #4? How will I ever come up with another name with double letters?

*Can someone come up with a cure for brain cancer?

*Am I too short for Ugg boots?

*Have I ever left anyone brokenhearted?

*Will I ever get a shopping spree to Anthropologie?

So as you can see I don't have a spare minute for anything else.


3 comments:

Heather said...

I have to confess I think similar things all day long...

If your handyman dream comes true, send him my way, paint brushes in hand.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I ponder things such as these all day long as well and it really gets in my way sometimes!

I do know how it feels to be a first grade teacher and decorate your own classroom...I can't lie... it is really awesome (and I think you would be great at it)!

I heart you and all your thoughts...
Nicki

alessandra said...

I think you are not to short for UGG ,the problem do you have money for it..I got my girls what so called FUGG from payless it can work,for the rest you are not Alone....just take one task at the time...and you will see that maybe your dreams will come true...just keep playing the lottery.
Ale