Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy, Happy Christmas..................................

This was darn near the best holiday we've ever had. It will surely be memorable with the snow. I think we should have a blizzard every year for Christmas. It slowed the pace way down. There was no stress of to-do lists. No stress to get all the activities done. No stress of going anywhere.
no stress, got it? We kept it super simple. And I super liked it.

But I super missed family that were away. Love to my peeps!

This year we absolutely had to re-enact the Nativity. Because we have a baby. And he's a boy.

I bet you didn't know that the manger was a bouncy chair, the 3 wise men presented their goods in gift bags, the animals were actually stuffed and Joseph is camera shy. It's all true.

Oh, and Mary and Joseph spent the afternoon cartooning.


There absolutely, positively, under no uncertain terms, has to be matching pajamas on Christmas Eve. Amen.

And Santa tracking on NORAD. It's most educational.


The delightful crew at 7 bells in the AM. Of course Lilly has already busted into her candy. Hence the blue teeth.

Off to Nana and Papa's. Took a couple of trips. Because no one could navigate the drive, sans Papa in his rad truck. (The same truck that became stuck at the end of their driveway leaving me and the girls, and Papa to walk back to our home in 26 degree weather, 14 inch snow, in the dark, holding and pulling sleds with only our sparkly, glittery shoes on. But that's a story for another day.)


I love generations.


And I think he loves presents already.



And I know she loves Webkinz. And she loves Rahul. (I do to!)


And when she's wearing clothes, she loves them to be blingy, and princessy, and otherwise fabulous. And I love taking pictures of my little man.

And I loved this Christmas.

P.S. This is post #299! Yeah, that's right, I talk that much.......... Stayed tuned as I try to think of something killer for history making post #300!

4 comments:

alessandra said...

You can do it!!
Heather you are so much fun to read.I loveee it!!And yes, was pretty relaxing on this end too as we talk last sunday in nursery.But i love the chaos of x-mas.Growing up we wait until Mind-night on the 24 and after that everybody look for theirs and rip it,what a mess,place you go tradition you 'll find.
Make it to 1000 you can do easily .
Ale

Shannon said...

SO glad your Christmas was warm and cozy. Ours was too. I rather enjoyed the pre-Christmas blizzard that made sitting around in our jammies totally acceptable. Gorgeous pics...as always!

H Digby said...

What modern shepards you have. I LOVE YOU!! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Mariya said...

Your nativity crew is the best I've seen. I love it. Miss you and love you all!