Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's My Turn.......................

Miss Casey and her band of wild girlies tagged me!

Man I love reading about their adventures! You have to take a look over there!


The Rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

or

Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.

or

Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.

Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

************************************************

So here's my thoughts on the matter of travel destinations:

1. When I was in 8th grade my parents drove myself, a friend of mine, and my four brothers in an 11 passenger van all across the good ole US of A. We hit 42 states in 42 days. It was the absolute best. Ever. And if I ever get the hint of a chance with my children someday. I'm all over it.

2. My dream trip, I've said it before, would be a Baltic Sea cruise. But I'd like it to be extended. I'd love to stick around all the ports of call and just soak it all up. Amsterdam, Oslo, Stockholm, St. Petersberg, Talinn, Helsinki, Copenhagen. Can't you just see me there?

3.The Trans-Siberian Express is also on my list. It's a train ride through China to Moscow. It starts in Beijing and heads west through UlaanBaatar, Mongolia. You get to see Lake Baikal
and lots of old historic Russian cities like Irkutsk. You ride in a sleeper car. I don't know why I have such romantic notions about this because I know it sounds more like a form of torture for some people!

4. Then, Fiji. In one of those huts over the ocean. With a glass bottom. How right am I?


5. Believe it or not, all of the above destinations I imagine doing with my children. So the last place? Is all by myself. And really it doesn't involve me going anywhere. It's just me going to a world of my own. A world where I can cut up paper and fabric for hours upon hours and them somehow configure them back together into something cool. And by hours, I mean a lot of hours.

So, Katie, Katie B, Julie, Tiffany, and Latree, consider yourself tagged! Can't wait to see all of the fabulous places!



6 comments:

Casey's trio said...

The little huts in Fiji look so appealing to me! I'll take my books and be right next door while you cut up your fabric:)
Loved hearing about all the other places you want to visit.

Claremont First Ward said...

May I tag along on all but #5?

Philigry said...

okay, that looks so nice...i will share my five things on monday...how much fun, love this!

Johnson Family said...

I have to think about my five, then I will post them for sure! I loved your ideas though so don't be surprised if I steal a couple!

latree said...

I played along you tag. I hope I don't make any mistake doing it.
I love your fifth place to go, world of our own...
I wish I had one...

Shannon said...

I love them all. I have always dreamed of getting a winnebago and taking the fam across America. There is so much to see in our own country. 42 states in 42 days is ambitiously awesome!

Have always wanted to stay in one of those huts over the ocean in Fiji as well. Can I just come along with you on all of your choices?