Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The One Where She Made a Top Ten List.................


No subject really. Just my brain. On life. My brain on life.


1. I ate Taco Bell today for the first time in like 4 years. Wow. But I figure I nailed all the necessary food groups. Tortilla-grain, beans-legumes, tomatoes-fruit, lettuce-vegetables, cheese-dairy, and meat-well it's meat I think.

2. Lilly was a part of her first primary program this week. I remember how many years I watched the yearly program wishing I could see my child up there. And feel that pride. And I did. Even though all week long we practiced her line "I pay attention to my mom and dad," I had some worries that it might not go well. Mostly because with each practice she would make a joke out of it. Like "I pay attention to my mom and dad's eyeballs." Or my personal favorite "I pay attention to my mom and dad's bottoms!" Naturally what followed was falling down belly busting laughter. When it came down to it, she did awesome. And you know what else made me proud? My kid wasn't the one who screamed in the microphone. Hooray for us!

3. Haddie's been doing this thing, where she wakes up at night and wants to watch the Wiggles. I mean, she is AWAKE. So I'm usually in a coma, right? But the reason I oblige is because I sit down on the couch on one end, then she crawls off onto the other end. And then she looks at me, and waves. I wave back. Then she watches TV for a minute. And then looks at me, and waves, and I wave back. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. So I keep falling for the up in the night situation.

4. Yesterday I had an awesome post going about my thoughts and feelings on Veterans. I just couldn't get the words to come out right. So much pride and so much gratitude. No way to describe it.

5. I had used ground turkey in our taco soup last week. Wasn't that bad. Will totally do it again.

6. Down 6 pounds. But then today there was Taco Bell and butterscotch chips. Crap.

7. My. House. Is. Clean........ Yesssssssssssssss (ALA Napoleon Dynamite).

8. I'm doing the same thing that I do every year. I want to make the world for my loved ones for Christmas. Note to self: must stop! I have these great ideas and intentions, and then I start to feel overwhelmed and stressed. Remember the reason for the season.............................

9. This morning Alex got up with Haddie, got her dressed, made breakfast for Lilly and did a couple of loads of laundry. And it's not even my birthday.

10. The sun is shining in my window and I'm sitting here with a heart full of gratitude. Just to be present in this warmth and light. It's like a little hug. No, a big hug. And I love warm, shiney hugs.

P.S. I love this picture of my girls. Even though Lilly has pen marks on her nose and popcorn stuck in her teeth, and Haddie is chewing on a toy and has a really bad bangs cut (Sorry hun!) It still just makes me so happy.

7 comments:

Johnson Family said...

A great idea for a post...I might have to use it someday. I love the pictures of your girls and didn't notice and still can't see what you're talking about. Tiff

Claremont First Ward said...

THis is my THIRD attempt to comment. Something weird going on in comment world. Anyway, I LOVE the picture of the girls, and I can't see the ink or popcorn that you mentioned. And, I think Haddie's bangs look cute. Lilly did an awesome job in the Sacrament program. The kid that did scream into the microphone did a remarkable job being as loud as possible, don't you think? :)

Laura said...

This picture is stunning. The girls are adorable!

Casey's trio said...

Just wanted to say hello! I am a daily reader of Angie's and Laura's and see you commenting there as well. I couldn't resist telling you how adorable your girls are. I had to laugh about the bad bangs comment because I can relate! I am constantly trimming my girl's bangs to try and save the $$ to take them to a professional!

Katie B. said...

GOOOOOOOOO ALEX!!!!!!! Warm "sun hugs" can literally inspire me for days! I think this may be one of your CUTEST PICTURES EVER! Congratulations Lilly on a job well done!

Philigry said...

beautiful girls! thanks for stopping by today!

Philigry said...

hello there...you won the jewelry give away! when you get a chance, shoot me an email with your address and the necklace of your choice!! thanks for entering, this was soooo much fun!