Saturday, August 25, 2007

Kiev............................




Like I said, just a few to pick from. The top picture is of Alex with his mom Vera (right) and her sister Tanya (left) and Victor, Tanya's husband. Alex's cousin Ira is expecting her first baby pretty soon so everyone there was tremendously excited! Alex took a bunch of pictures of Ira, but I need to crop and change them up a bit before sharing.
The next picture is the view from Alex's other cousin, Manzhos', window. I added it because it truly is my memory of the city.
The last picture is the road in the community where Alex's family (actually Alex and I), own property for a dacha. It is the term for a country home. Really, it is just a shack to spend the night in while gardening all the vegetables the family with have over the winter. But the road just speaks to me.
All in all I think Alex had a great trip. It gave him some peace to be able to see his dad be doing well. And that was the hope. Peace for Alex!

1 comment:

Claremont First Ward said...

You've never told me about your land for a coutry home and having an incredible garden! :) What a beautiful lane. I'm glad Alex had a nice time.