Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Something's Fishy............
So do you think my girly needs a pet? What was your first clue? The fact that she is cuddling in my bed with a fish? Yeah, that was probably my first clue as well. You see, this is Dorothy, goldfish extraordinaire. She is third in the distinguished line of water creatures to join our family this week. First, there was Kelly, a gift from Sunbeams at church. Kelly travelled to the Nike employee store and Costco. Sadly he died sometime through the night. Fishy joined our family the next day. He spent most of his life looking at lighting fixtures with the family. He met an untimely end when the lid was inadvertantly left on his travel jar. So today Dorothy came home from Petsmart. We are being super careful with our little friend. Wish us luck. There's been a lot of explaining about Heaven and Heavenly Father's plan for us this week. I don't think any of us are ready for another ceremony over the toilet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Heather-
ROFL! We went through three fishies in a matter of weeks a year or two ago. First their was fishy, then Nemo, and poor Dori. Original names huh? We had a lot of talk over death at the time. Thankfully I convinced another fish would be bad, since we were going out of town. They are still itching for a pet, but there is not one I can tolerate. I love cats but I don't want one in my house. Anyway... so far I have managed to stay petless. They keep trying but I am still winning the fight. Best of luck to you and your fishies. Atleast in their short lives they have been on some grand adventures for a fish!
OK.......this summer Lily has to come over and pick out some frogs. Our population is getting out of control-I hear them croaking when I'm not even home-and they are the cutest little things when they lose their tails. Right now I can hear them but not see them....once we get tad poles then I know when to expect the little devils. he he. Hum, there's a thought.......you could get tad poles and watch them evolve into frogs.....
So I'm not a veterinarian or anything. In fact, I don't even play one on tv, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the fish probably shouldn't be living in a bag. Just an idea. I don't want to be reading about the fourth fish!! Again, I'm not an expert, but I think you will get more mileage out of the fish if it gets a "home"-like structure :-)
Post a Comment