Today I am grateful for 2 more things. First, my home. The weather has been crazy here, lots of rain, lots of wet, wind and some chilliness. It's an amazing feeling to be able to open a door, automatically feel the warmth, see the momentos and smell the cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and orange steeping on the stove. It feels like a sanctuary to me. There is no place I'd rather be. It may not always be perfectly clean. The couch is often just a laundry transfer station rather than an actual seating device, but it is our first home, where we brought our babies to. It will always be more than special.
Secondly, I am grateful for my career. I would have never guessed that I'd be working at something for 10 years. (Am I old enough to do anything for 10 years? Holy crap.) But I have the unique opportunity to care for people in the most meaningful way. The professional nature of my job is to be nurturing and kind, informative and also clinical. What and amazing blend. I know I won't do this forever, my first love is at home. But this is the ride of a lifetime with memories to cherish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment