Saturday, September 02, 2006
So I was watching Oprah.............
And it was a bunch of women talking about how when they married, they lost themselves. You know, not able to really say what they thought or felt, feeling like they have to conform to something that really wasn't them. I couldn't help but think, for once, I may be a little better off than I originally thought! I mean, I actually think I know myself better and have found a better self since Alex and I got married. In that time I have had the chance to teach myself hobbies and talents, grow more spiritual, find out what is really special to me and above all, find out my real purpose: being a mom. Now, no one is saying here that this has been a walk in the park. I mean, come on, marriage being hard is like the sky being partly cloudy in Oregon all the time. It just is. But, I feel more fulfilled and satisfied than ever before. I can only hope that this will deepen with more time. And I have to give credit to the old man. He has always, always supported every one of my thoughts, ideas and downright hair brained schemes. He really truly believes in me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment