
They say you can get a sense of a child's reality through their imaginative play. So yesterday, Lilly's Littlest Pet Shop pets sang "Open, Shut them," folded their arms and said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for their family, their beautiful day and all of their toys. They proceeded to bless their family and their toys. And at the end of the prayer, they hugged, kissed and said "Goodnight, I love you oodles." Those are some lucky Little Pet Shop pets! But I'm a luckier and prouder mom today. I mean maybe, just maybe, something is going right in the walls of my home.
So Lilly starts school in a week and a half. I'm a complete wreck of course, my sweet baby will be leaving me for 2 and a half hours a day! And then, Haddie has cut 2 teeth on the bottom and she's practically crawling. She puts her head down on the floor or the bed and then crawls like a steamroller. (And note, she is laughing hysterically at herself!) As soon as she learns to put her head up to see where she is going, I'm in big trouble.
I've been told that these are my glory days as a mom. I've also been told that these days are long, but the years go by so fast. Please oh please let me always remember my babies as babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment