Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The One Where She Lost Her Will to Blog..........................


Wish I had a spectacular story to tell where I have been spending my long lost time curing diseases like cancer. Or solving world financial crises. Or knitting amazing frocks to go with my fantastically quilted quilts. But alas, I have not blogged simply because I had nothing to say.

Sometimes we are profound, and full of words, and observations, and answers to queries. But sometimes we merely exist. And that's where I've been living, in the simple existing.

But today was busy. As are many of my other days, no doubt. But different somehow. Today my friends called upon me when they needed something. And I was able to deliver. And in my helping and delivering I was a little bit healed. I pray nightly for the opportunity to serve the many people that have bouyed me and my family. Especially this last year. (Man, that miscarriage really took the wind out of my sails.) Today was an answer to that prayer.

Today a long lost friend sent me a tremendously thoughtful gift. We haven't had the chance to chat in many years, but her prompting to think of me sent the tears streaming down. Today I felt special.



And today I took this picture. This picture is not a technical masterpiece. But instead it is a genuine gem from a multitude I shot today while attempting senior pictures. When I saw it, I beamed from my insides out. There is something about being able to make this one laugh that absolutely brightens me. Now mind you, I am sure I said something inappropriate and marginally offensive to get this response. But it is a picture that is a true respresentation of a really great young man. And today I loved that I took this picture.

2 comments:

Peppermint Lane said...

I love the picture of Raul! You totally captured his personality. I'm so glad you posted!

Katie B. said...

Love that you posted.. I live for your bits o wisdom! :) 'Miss you...