Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So It Turns Out.............................

Sometimes I walk by it, catch a glimpse, and I still can't believe it. It's a family heirloom. A little family history. A treasure more valuable than gold and rubies.

Actually, it's more like looking at my whole heart on my nightstand.

It's my blog. The last four years in which I have documented the ups and downs, The successes and the failures. The adventures, the journeys, the lessons, the births and the deaths. Oh, and my pictures! The songs of my entire spirit. My world as seen through my lens. The memories that will never tarnish because I snapped them up in their very moment.

But now my blog has a cover. It has a Table of Contents. It has 370 hard bound pages. 370 PAGES! Pages that I get to turn, one by one. I get to re-read about those adventures, journeys and lessons as if it was a true novel. An excellent story. I get to brush my fingers over the little faces of my babies. Four whole years of my babies.

So it turns out I'm a pretty lucky girl after all. I have had a lucky life that led me to beautiful friendships with women more thoughtful, intuitive and generous then I could have ever imagined. Women who came together and created my blog into an amazing book. That's right. A book that has let my children see their stories in print. A family heirloom and treasure.

So it turns out I may never be able to thank them with words that carry enough meaning. I wish a hug, a card or a teary smile was enough for them to feel, for even just a tiny moment, the enchantment and the gratitude I have for what they have given me. It is more than a gift. It is a blessing of charity, hope and love.

My cup runneth over..................

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love rereading my blog too. So where did you have it printed? How hard was it to set up? Send me a message on facebook about it please~

Katie B. said...

Ohhhh.... that's soooo awesome...I want to hear ALL about it!