Tuesday, September 08, 2009

This Girl....................................

She is something else. She has it all. She's intense and sweet. She's hysterical and dramatic. She's a great big sister and strong competitor. She's sassy and silly. She's an athlete and an artist.

And she's unmistakably beautiful.

And she's a first grader.



And this boy. Well, you know.


And because I always want to remember:

~Lilly has a stand up comedy routine. Her character is an "Old Grandpa" with a cane who tries to dance and jump. It makes my sides split. She practices it every night, standing on her bed for Hads and I. We howl. What she doesn't know? Is she has perfected and old Jewish man, 100 year long smoker, from Queens. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

~It took all day for me to get details about her first day of school. All day school. Her first statement "BO-ring." Turns out it was anything but. Her teacher put everyone in jail for talking too much. She got lost after lunch with two of her friends when the class left for recess and she had no idea. Oh, and about lunch. Her packed meal was completely untouched. So here's the conversation:

~Me: What did you eat, girlfriend?

~Lils: Um, a hot lunch, of course!

~Me: But sweetie, I didn't give you any money for lunch, how did you pay for it?

~Lils: MOM! They gave me a plastic card! I used it. It was really easy.

{*There is a slight possibility she received easy plastic card usage from me. But, whatever.*}

~Oh yeah! That picture of Lils round house kicking the cumulus clouds? They are using it for the advertisement for the school! Locals: watch out for your next installment of the Clipper.

~And lastly I hope I never forget how much Lils loves her siblings. They make her belly laugh. {Don't get me wrong, they make her scream like a banch as well. A lot.} But Coop dog? I bet he thinks he deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. For comedy. Because she laughs at simply everything he does.


NEXT UP: Hads goes to preschool for the very first time. Don't miss all the action!

7 comments:

Katie B. said...

Ohhhh my gooodnesssss..... WHAT?! She didn't eat her totally AWSOME LUNCH??!! All that worry and she was way to excited to eat!! :) It cracked me up that the teacher put the kids in "jail"! Such good times!! And no... you can't make this stuff up...it's too good!

georgina said...

She's simply AWSOME!!!!

Casey's trio said...

What a great post! Love all the stories about Lilly~what a personality!

Claremont First Ward said...

And, she gets to ride the bus to school while I drag my sorry butt to my kids school so that I can WALK Garrett to class. (Mandatory). She is unmistakable beautiful. All of your kids are. And I miss them.

latree said...

she is, ah.. i can't even find the right word. amazing!

Jodie said...

Okay that wasn't even a sad post and I got all teary! So sweet...

Laura said...

I love these pictures! Your awesome. jacob was also thrilled last year with school lunch. He came home and told me, "they gave him a card and it was all free so I didn't have to worry". Ha ha.

It's so hard to send him to school all day and yet at times so easy.