Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Oh Joy, Thy Name is Closet........................

And some other stuff to. It's a hodge podge post really. So here goes.............


I would like the record to reflect that I, being of sound mind and person, did, in fact, design and build this entire system (save the demo by said husband, and the stud measurements by said father) ALL BY MYSELF. And furthermore, I did it whilst watching after 3 children. Amen.


And the first tooth, it was lost. On St. Patrick's Day. And the tooth fairy, well, she rocked it with $5.00. And then found out that what was really desired was metal money. So an exchange was made the next night. And then the tooth fairy bought a Big Gulp for herself with the profit.

And since it was St. Patrick's Day, we ate green. And for some of us, it was our first time. Eating green. And, well, I think it didn't go over so hot.


Can you see that face? Do know what he's thinking?

"Please don't ever do that to me again."

And for my ladies at work, who tirelessly, and kindly brought in glass jars, here is the end result. Not bad, eh? And cheap to! Just a little over $2 for each set.

Hodge podge, over and out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have so much to say about that "Hodge Podge"..#1 good work on the closet-I would be looking at it all the time and taking pictures too! #2 I love, love, love the pictures of Coop eating (or not) his "green food"..it reminds me so much of my little B who won't eat veggies at all right now! #3 Pearl lost that same tooth for her first tooth just a few months ago...isn't it exciting?! But, umm your Tooth Fairy brings a lot more money than ours! #4 I have those same papers you used in the jars and they are my FAVORITE! Thanks for the blog...it made my day. ;)
-nicki

Heather said...

The baby food face is killing me- I can totally understand what he is thinking.
A first lost tooth... we are anxiously awaiting that to happen around here... thanks for the tip on coins.
The closet is impressive and the jars are beautiful. You officially rock.

Claremont First Ward said...

No way. You did that closet reformation yourself? I'm both envious and impressed.

And those jars.........how cute. Did you just line the insides of them with cool fabric?

Claremont First Ward said...

No way. You did that closet reformation yourself? I'm both envious and impressed.

And those jars.........how cute. Did you just line the insides of them with cool fabric?

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh.....and the baby food faces? Love them. I say, "exactly". Who wants mushy green stuff? :)

Jodie said...

Nice Work on that closet...dang you got skilz!! And Poor little dude.. Going Green is tough to do!:) YOur so lucky you got out of the 5 bucks thing that get expensive when you have two losing teeth at the same time(thats what we started with and now we are regretting it:)) Stick with the coins:) And Big GULP... I haven't heard that since Highschool...hahaha
And I love the jars what do you use them for? just looks? So cute I need cheap decorating ideas.:)
Good Stuff!

Casey's trio said...

That is one beautiful closet! Isn't it great to be organized? I need SO much more of that in my life! I think Mr. Coop will come around with the green food:)

Shannon said...

Amazing! The fact that you built that closet. Totally impressed!

Love the little green eater. Too adorable!

Great craft. Looks fab!