I'm not talking about the college football game that gets played in New Orleans every year.
Although, it can't be denied, I do love football.
I'm talking about analogies. I'm talking about my house. My sweet little house being like a sugar bowl. Where you try to push everything out to the perimeter, higher and farther. But sadly, it all falls back into the center. That's the anguish I feel everyday. We've just become too big. People wise. Not bottom wise. (We can discuss that later..................)
So a terrible thing happened as I thought about our home. I accidentally found my dream home. Seriously. We've named it "The Dream House." And it's vacant. And they keep leaving doors unlocked. And we've been inside, like, a million times. And my biggest girl told me the other days she was packing her things and moving there, with or without us. And I need it to be offered at a 50% discount so I can buy it.
And I'll show it to you, only if you promise not to buy it...................
The Dream House
Alas, there is no new house in my near future. So I come to you, wise readers, for your very best organizing ideas for 5 people, living in a teeny, tiny space, where 3 of them have toys. You know, toys, just like sugar, that keep falling down, straight into the middle, anguishing me.
P.S. Did I tell you "The Dream House" has frogs in the backyard pond?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Dude that house is amazing! I can't believe its ever been unlocked.
I think the key to living in a small space is to organize and keep clutter out. I am not good at either but I have seen it work.
Your house is your sugar bowl cause its sweet and you can probably afford it:) buy something you can't afford and it soon becomes sour! The dream house rocks and you will get there someday just believe that!
Donate to the Good Will often...thats my secret to keeping a decluttered house!
That is certainly a Dream House, but the payments and taxes would be a nightmare. Don't let that keep you from snaeking in and dreaming though.
BTW- I follow through a reader and don't click in much (terrible blogger here)but I love your banner! How beautiful and inspiring (just like you).
Amazing house. 1) Watch Clean sweep on TV at 00500 for Inspiration. 2)How about beds with under drawer storage?? That have little desks at the end of each bed and bookshelves at the head??
3)More things will not make you happier mantra XOXO Aunt S
Oh man...your dream house is beautiful!!!
Think of all the ingredients you have. Sugar can be turned into so much!
oh, that is such a beautiful house. i love, love the kitchen. wow. maybe someday it will be yours...you never know.
Maybe you should start a "Dream House" fundraiser. That house is beau-ti-ful!!! I love it. I think you should move in there too. :-)
When I was growing up, my parents installed lots of shelving (like 3 rows of shelves above my sister's bed). We even had a floating bookcase on an 8 inch strip of wall between two closets in our bedroom.
My mom would also make cloth bags to store toy sets in because the boxes would always get broken and the bags would take up less space. Each bag used a different color/pattern of cloth so it was also really easy to find all the legos or tinkertoys. The bags really made sure those little pieces didn't get all over the house and taught me and my sister how to put things away and organize. It's easy to toss the bag in a chest, on a shelf, or even on the wall if you have a hook for it.
More recently, I made a mesh bag for Gavin's bath toys to keep them contained around the tub as well as a few other bags - including one for ribbon spools for my sewing projects. I gave an embroidered one away to my nephew recently - I posted a pic of it on myfamily, btw.
~Michelle (just in case you were thinking Rory was working sewing projects)
Post a Comment