Please read. And think. And then, let's act. I've been hearing a lot about this bill. And the more unintended consequences I see, the more I am absolutely sure we can't let it happen.
http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2009/01/cpsia-blogin-day.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you, Heather. This totally affects my business and passion but as this blog shows it affects everyone!
-Nicki
nickigirl.etsy.com
Go to the Consumer Reports web site and examine the law itself whcih is bascially an enforcement of exisitng laws. You will find thrift stores are exempt. It also is trying to help handmade toy makers determine generally which products do not contain lead etc. so they amke safe products.If you are a handmade toy maker, and use toxic products unknowingly, I dont want your stuff in my families mouth.Please understand the laws before you write congress.
We must discuss less serious topics, such as the best type of nursing pads...wop hoe. I wish you were here too...
Well, as a reformed legislator (I quit) I do have a bit of perspective on reading legislation. Before responding I did read this one in its entirety.
Some of the responding rhetoric is a bit overblown and the declaration of effects quite hyperbolic.
Translation - it ain't as bad as it seems (also the lyrics to a well known song).
First off, there are a number of fairly common sense exemptions. Second, testing can be done in one of several fashions, including "batch" and "random", the two most frequently used methods for quality control already in place in manufacturing. And lastly, this is not really a new standard. It is a cleaner version of what has been in existence for decades.
If you peel back to the source of the propaganda campaign it actually originally came mainly from overseas (China for example). And, we all know the problems with their products.
Someone has taken advantage of maternal instincts in building a public response, but regretfully the cure does not fit the disease.
Post a Comment