And we didn't know we were this strong together.
And we didn't know how much faith brings about blessings.
And we didn't know how much people thought of us and how their generosity would bring magic to our holidays.
And we didn't know that the roller coaster of 2008 would be a perfect timing of events to leave us feeling only one way today, joyful.
I'm gonna miss 2008.
Bring on 2009.
Because now we know anything is possible.
And I finished Lilly's quilt.


So to celebrate my 300th post, and a brand new year, I'm hosting my first ever give-away! And that means every last one of you who reads here is completely obligated in every way to make a comment. Or else face the consequences!
Just kidding of course.
But I'm talking to all of my beloved family members, friends, and girls from the 2nd floor at LEHHC (I'm comin' back soon!)
All you have to say is something that made you joyful in 2008. Easy peasy.
The winner, chosen randomly one week from today, will win a year's subscription one of the following magazines they choose.
Golf Digest
Parenting
Country Home
American Patchwork and Quilting
Country Living
Newsweek
Real Simple
Family Fun
Lucky
Simple Scrapbooks
Wondertime
InStyle
Or any other comparable mag that puts a twinkle in your eye. Cuz I love that much.
Now get writing..............
See you next week!
26 comments:
So, Heather I am the first to write a comment! I can't believe that since I know I cannot be the only one who breathlessly awaits your next blog...seriously! You are so cute and funny and inspiring and each blog almost always brings about some type of emotion. In a phrase...You Rock! Anyway...something that made me joyful in 2008...I have to say my kids are what made me joyful all of 2008. All of the wonderful, sweet, funny things they do every day. And even when they aren't doing wonderful, sweet and funny things I must say that I am still so very joyful to be their Mama and so joyful that they chose me. Cuz I love them more than words can say.
-Nicki G.
You know I heart you....Fo shizzle sista:) Eventhough we have never met in person, I always look forward to your posts! I'm so glad that 2008 was a great year for your family despite some rocky patches along the way.
And of course, it is my kids that I am so thankful for. They drive me crazy on a daily basis and sometimes I wonder how I will ever survive and then they tell me they love me and it all melts away~
Is it wrong to say that the end of 2008 made me feel joyful? I did not handle the things tossed my way this year very well and looking forward to 2009 as a fresh start. However, my boys are always a joy. Watching them learn and grow this year was pretty amazing. Keep up the blogging...I'm keeping my eye on you.
Let's see........I'm thankful for so many things, one of which is your friendship! Love you, Heather!
Your quilt took my breath away. I am in awe! I miss you.
OH.MY.GOODNESS...that quilt is fabulous and wow, it looks like it was a true labor of love. Incredible work Heather!
Who doesn't get googly-eyed at the arrival of a favorite mag?? I am so in!
Our family vacation last summer brought me endless joy. The stars aligned for the most perfect and drama-free week. It was that week that my brother and mom decided it was time to come back home (from Phoenix back to the midwest). Now I pray that 2009 makes that happen!
2008.I am grateful for the safe delivery of healthy babies in our family. For learning I had new skills that are useful to others. To relearning how wonderful marriage can be if you work hard at it.Im grateful we live in a place that is peaceful and beautiful and free.And it was a year for eye opening wonders. Including things like...life might blossom even further at 50 and not be the begining of the end!
Aunt S
Didnt know you quilt! It is beautiful!! I tried it once and had fun with it but swore I would never do it again. Maybe if I had someone to do it with????? (hint, hint) I do not blog. I facebook. But, I love to read blogs! I admire you for doing both. Especially with young kids :) I have to agree that 2008 was an unexpected year. We too started out with plans that quickly got changed. In Feb, we found out that we may be moving back home but it took 1 (long)month before we knew for sure. Then we got to start new schools and new friends, even though a lot of them were familiar faces. The job we moved back for is ok...definately not what we expected! We got to move twice - NOT FUN with a breakdown in the middle of nowhere (can unloading and loading a truck count as 3 moves??) and we STILL have not sold our house in Vegas. But through it all, we are just so greatful to be back close to our family. And have our family healthy and happy. What more can you ask for? Melissa Wattles
Okay. So, as your brother I deserve something out of this for all the years as the child who was beaten by you.
Just kidding.
I hope to win, but since I'm family I would understand if you left me out of the mix. :D
Love ya.
Oh, and I'm thankful for having my family back with me. It has been a long hard year, especially when we were so far apart.
I'm thankful for my family's resiliency at the end of 2008. Who would of known we would be given a baby to provide a safe haven to. In less then 24 hours we became a foster family to a shaken baby. At the same time we became snowed in for nine days. My amazing family focused on the important things in life; love, support, safety and understanding. What a way to wrap up the year. What a way to start the new. And to you Heather, your amazing and I just adore Coop!
First time leaving you a note on your blog...but that quilt was amazing. We miss you at work, and I have to say, have been worried about you and yours, at times. Glad everything has played out well, even us agnostics know that everything happens for a reason. You are an amazing momma, nurse and friend. We miss you, Heather, but want you back only occationally...you've worked hard enough and now get some much deserved home time. Love ya, kate.
Who can top three new grandsons!!
And, whatever the slide down has been in 2008, the valley we will follow this year will seem calm by comparison. This will be a great year for reflection and setting a new bunch of goals. It's time to re-invent ourselves again.
Perhaps the biggest joy from 2008 came from reading all of your blogs and seeing your pictures, some of which are award worthy. You really ought to consider submitting a few.
Each of our six kids has reached a pinnacle in 2008, some professional and a couple personal. Heather, since you know who and what they are I won't bore your readers with the full list. Suffice it to say each has come to a milestone, a shifting of generations. Wow, eligibility for Medicare is just over the horizon!
What's wierd is that I posted a comment at work yesterday and it's not showing up now...hhhmmmm?!? Anyway...what's been most joyful for me in 2008...I think it would have to be when we went to Palm Springs last summer and it was so warm and beautiful and we all played at the waterpark together for 4 days straight! FAMILY, SUN AND WATER.... for me...pure bliss! :) xo Katie
I love your quilt! It is beautiful! I am joyful for my son most of all but also thankful for the time my family spends together. To have all of us showing horses this year was awesome!
Well stupid me I thought you just started your blog...your like a blog pro!! I am now gonna go through and read some of you older posts! FUN!
Okay i just scrolled through your blog! LOVE it! Your pictures are awesome and your funny as heck. I think i will put you on my favs list! :)
so glad 2008 was so good for you! good for me too! i am so thankful i can stay at home with my kids.
That quilt is amazing! i love all the colors! beautiful!
What no Economist?
Regardless, your blog is part of my internet ritual. Thanks for everything that you have shared with us over the years. Keep it up!
I ushered in a complete change in life by starting a family. Thought I was going to be making some job changes, but stayed put. Life is still in a state of flux like last year. Change was good to me this year (except my Roth IRA change).
*I deleted the last post to actually respond to Heathers's question
How much more joy can there be than to welcome to my world four new greatGrandbabies. Quinn Kelly Gates, Makinzi Mae Smith, Gavin Cullen Gates and Cooper Alexsivich Roms. Forgive me if I misspell those names. Now my joy in 2009 will be to find a way to hold and hug each and every one of them.
Hugs to you too, Granny Coral
I love your writing. Your memories and your goals. I think that quilt is truly a heirloom to cherish.
I also hope I did not miss your drawing. I really love those too!
Opps I forgot something that made me joyful in 2008. So hard to choose. I think seeing my kids get old enough to try something and succeed. Like swim team and soccer. Yeah I am a soccer Mom. With my twins I just wish for peaceful existence and less naught behaviors!
I am so thankful for you! You always call at the right time and say the right things and make me see life in a whole new light!! You are the greatest!
Love you,
Les
Hi Heather,
Coral sent me the address for your blog.
I love seeing the girls pictures and the quilt
You made. I'm working on one myself to give
to my brother, Rodney and his wife.
We don't get to see you much, but I think about
you a lot.
The end of 2008 was very scary for me and Pat.
I'm thankful that he is better, and for everyone
who prayed for him. For the people who helped
us that we never expected help from, and for
the wonderful doctors and nurses who have taken care of
Pat. They are like a second family to us. I'm thankful to god for giving me the strength to deal
with all of this.
Love you all, take care
I forgot about the pictures of the baby.
He is so sweet. Love you
Post a Comment