Dinner Update: Lilly wanted Krabby Patties. (Possibly had a little too much SpongeBob the last few days, but whatever.) So we went to Safeway, got veggies burgers, whole wheat buns, lettuce and tomatoes. Krabby Patties, right? I still thought Angie's dinner sounded better. I aspire to be more creative in my meals!
Family Day Update: Today was Lilly's preschool family day. Haddie got to spend some time with Papa so I could go. You know what? It was so enjoyable to hang out with Lilly in her territory, just the two of us. I brought my camera but I never busted it out for pictures. I was too happy to just be living the moment, being totally present in the moment with her. I really need to do that more often.
Christmas Update: Already feeling a little of the holiday pinch this year. You know, all these ideas, no time and not to mention very little cash to pull it all off (actually, to be specific, none). But I read something on Kirsten's blog the other day and it has totally stuck with me. It was idea for Christmas gifts. The idea is to limit the kids gifts to four being Something you want, Something you need, Something to play with and Something to read. This is so brilliant! I'm really going to try and follow this.
Reading Update: Speaking of reading and books, today in Lilly's class the parents had a round table discussion regarding their memories of reading out loud. Mine was my father reading The Bobsey Twins to me. Interestingly enough, almost everyone commented that the person who they remember reading to them was a man, whether it was their father or a teacher. I thought that was totally fascinating! Especially because I know the moms did a ton of reading. I have to be honest though, Alex is a much better reader to the girls than I am. He really gets into the voices and the inflections. He reads to them in Russian and I don't always know what he is saying, but it truly sounds like the rhythm and melody to a song. I hope my girls will remember that.
General Life Proposal Update: I am proposing a World Wide Go Completely Naked and Stay Home All Day. Now before you judge me, here's the deal. If we all go naked for an entire day (the staying home part is merely to protect innocent children of course. We need to avoid any obvious trauma at Target or Costco............) Anyway, if everyone went without clothes, us Moms could actually have a chance, for just one day, to be completely, utterly and unequivocally caught up with laundry. I mean, as it is now, we will always be behind, because we always have the clothes on our backs to deal with. I think I'm on to something here..............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
done with laundry.
DONE?
that might be worth the nakedness...
(totally fun post, heather!)
OK, I TOTALLY get the go naked thing......could you imagine having every article of clothing clean? Every single one. I totally died when I read staying home to protect the children. How about ourselves? he he. Sometimes I scare myself.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with Lilly. I signed up to be Emma's room mom and today was the party. Boy do I have a story for you!
I actually love some brands of veggie patties........sounds good to me! :)
And the Christmas present idea is PRICELESS. I think I'm going to steal it for my blog and try to stick to it! Now, for the something to read, can I just re-gift their library card? j/k
Post a Comment