Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Baker City Chronicles........................

Our weekend in Baker City was a success! An adventure, and a journey, an expedition and a voyage. The weather was hot, but beautiful. We rode our bikes everywhere in town. We saw a parade that had the best marching band on horses I've ever seen. OK, it was the only marching band on horses I've ever seen. We caught grasshoppers and picked fresh vegetables. We ate some awesome meals all outside and watched amazing sunsets from the deck. Did a little shopping, saw a little of the quilt show. All in all, another happy jaunt for the Roms.

There were the challenges that must be remembered. The vomiting from the back seat while speeding 75 mph on the freeway. The gallons of horse pee from a Rodeo princess' pony that just poured down the street, directly in front of us. Haddie couldn't keep herself out of Sandy's flowers and Lilly got a little overtired. There were 2 flat bike tires, darn prickley vines. Alex and I slipped into comas each night from sheer exhaustion. But what's a vacation without a little adversity?

The best part, by far, was seeing how happy the life Rod and Sandy have created for themselves there. The town is sleepy and wholesome. It is the epitome of Americana. They have awesome friends and a network of cell phone calls that rivals any teenager. They love their new home and it is apparent that they are downright thriving. We look forward to seeing them again soon.







2 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Where is Baker City? Not Baker, CA? I have yet to see a mounted band........and I feel like I've been gyped! :)

Anonymous said...

We loved having all of you here. It was great to see Uncle Rod out catching grasshoppers with Lilly!!! And despite the flower picking ( which really is a good sign she loves nature),its good to have family who can come and enjoy a taste of our happiness.