Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Angels......................

You know I've been reading, observing, feeling people getting a dose of perspective about their lives. One of those things where you may feel overwhelmed, downtrodden, sad, hollow, whatever, but you watch a tragedy or struggle for someone else and then you realize that you are blessed beyond measure. It happens to all of us at one time or another.

My perspective hit me hard today. Really hard.

Angels.


Beware. This story will rip your guts out. It did mine. I couldn't stop thinking about them. I couldn't stop the tears and heartache. Imagine a family with 3 young children aged 3,4 and 5 involved in a car accident that would claim their young lives and leave the parents here to deal and try to live. It's unspeakable. It's unimaginable. It's unfair. I don't even know what you would do with that in your life. Where do you go? How do you move on? How do you pack up the clothes, the toys, the rooms, the lives of all of your children? How do you do that?

I read through almost all of the guest book entries. And I cried. I looked at the pictures of these sweet children and the parents. I saw myself and my girls in every one of them. It was too painful and raw to even finish the video. And I don't even know them.

Thoughts and prayers to the Cobles, of course. But today I played a little longer. I cleaned a little less. I hugged a little harder. I closed the worries out. I let the gratitude in. I let a lot of gratitude in.

No comments: