
So, I'm cheating a little again today. I didn't really take these pictures. Honestly. But the thoughts I have today happened at church so I guess it sort of fits in. By the way, the top picture is the Oakland California Temple, where my parents were married and where Sean and I were sealed to them. Everybody else was born later. Then we all got to be together in the temple again (without our missionaries in Sweden and Japan) when Roopali and Rahul were sealed to all of us. Totally amazing. But I digress..............So, I'm no feminist. At least in the definition of what a feminist is today. But I am all about celebrating what it is to be feminine. We women have so much to be proud of because there are so many things we do so much differently than men. We nurture, we communicate, we are wise, we mother. I have never understood why feminism has to prove that we can do things as men do. We are so different. I wish women everywhere would stand up for the things that we do better than the guys. Now, I know that a lot of people will not agree with my views. But today at church, our family's ladies were all there without our men. I mean not even Rahul. Dad, Alex, Sean and Rahul all didn't make it to sacrament meeting. It just got me thinking and watching all of us girls. Just being totally awesome. Loving our children, watching them grow up, trying to head them in the right direction of life, giving them the tools and wisdom that only mothers can. It just made be proud to be a part of a group of women so talented at being feminine.
No comments:
Post a Comment