So I've decided I'm going to take the month of November to identify something each day that I am grateful for. Awesome idea, huh! Did anybody notice today is November 5th so I'm already 5 days behind? So, no time like the present, I'm starting today.
November1: Today, with all seriousness, I am grateful for Halloween candy.
November 2: Today I am grateful for the season of fall. I love the crisp air, the changing colors and even the rain making everything smell so fresh.
November 3: Sometimes at my work, we care for people suffering unspeakable heartbreak and tragedy. This week was no exception to that. So today I recognize that I am grateful for 2 healthy, beautiful girls. I am grateful that I was finally able to get pregnant, that my pregnancies were uncomplicated, that my deliveries occured without incident and that my children are perfect in everyway. I am grateful that I get reminded every once in awhile about how lucky I really am.
November 4: Hands down, today I am grateful for my mom. Too many things to name specifically, my lifetime full of memories, love and cherishing. She has sacrificed much today to care for my girls so that I can work to provide for my family, at the expense of her free time. For that I am so grateful.
November 5:What would I do without faith, without the gospel, without my ward and church family, without my Heavenly Father's eternal plan for me.
Ok, I may not post something each individual day, but I'm dedicated to this goal of a November graditude journal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AMEN....to the Candy! This praise made me laugh sooo hard I seriously started crying! :}
Heather,
LOVE this thanks post (is that what it is called in blogger language?) It's beautiful......if I did the same thing, my November 2nd "thanks" would be: I'm thankful for a trash receptacle that so lovingly accepted the rest of my children's Halloween candy because I thought I was going to pull my hair out if I heard one more "request"/whine for candy.
LoVE your blog!!!
Angie
Post a Comment