
So today I am grateful that I got our Christmas card picture done and ordered. When you see it, remember this:
*it was 10 o'clock AM this Wednesday morning
*Alex wouldn't wear a tie
*my hair is still wet because I just got out of the shower
*I had just finished wiping massive amounts of mascara from Lilly's face because she had "gotten ready to go to work."
*Haddie had just fallen and knocked her noggin
*Alex and Vera had just completed a shouting match in Russian (still don't know what that was about)
So it was one of those moments of "Just everybody freakin' smile and act like we are a happy family!!!!"
I think the faking worked. The picture is decently cute. I mean we are running happy about 80/20. This morning was just part of that 20%.
So it is official. The Christmas season is underway. I'm mostly done with the shopping. Not too many budget quarrels with Alex as usual. The decorations are out and up, new stockings for this year and all. Still need to get the lights up outside and hunt down a tree.
I just realized I wrote a blog full of words like shouting, knocking, quarrelling, freaking, and hunting. Ah, the holidays man.
1 comment:
What Christmas season doesn't begin with shouting, freaking, yelling? :)
Can't wait to see your family picture. I need to get a family shot....hope it goes better than yours (what a morning!) and looks as nice as I'm sure yours does.
Post a Comment