Thursday, November 16, 2006

Around the world...............

Today I am grateful for travelling. Not that there is any in my immediate future (or that we were able to do anything fun in the immediate past). It is such a gift to be able to see different things, experience different people and survive adventures with your family. Hands down my best memories are that of the road trips we took (and there were a lot of them).

Our best family folklore stories have come from them! How about when dad went on a high speed chase after someone rear-ended us in the drive thru @ McDonald's? Or how about when Rory bit through his glow in the dark necklace and drank out all the juice at Disneyworld? He totally lit up! Just kidding. And then there was the time when peanut bladder, AKA Uncle Seanie, had to pee but Dad wouldn't stop so he used a cup, threw it out the window while we were driving at a high rate of speed and then.............you all know how that story ended!!! (For those of you who don't, imagine where the airborne pee is going to go, imagine if the window just behind the window where to tossing occurred was wide open and imagine if you were the person sitting in that seat. Yep, yours truly). Don't forget sleeping at a rest stop on picnic tables when morning sprinklers come on!

We travelled together to 42 states in 42 days. A gigantic feat for a mom, a dad, the oldest sister and her friend as well as 4 little boys. Even Kelly, who was just a few months old, got to experience this adventure. His life may have been short but he saw more than many adults ever will.

And I can't forget my overseas trips. Italy with all of the awesome food and Ukraine where I got to step into Alex's world for a little while. Both amazing times. When I walked where Alex walked and played as a child, I actually felt like I was home as well. I am dying to go back.

I guess what I am most grateful for today is that I know there will be more adventures, more stories, more folklore, more family, more scenes and more experiences to come. I look forward to the trips that will become my girls' most cherished memories.

No comments: