

So it was Lilly's first parent-teacher conference yesterday. I have to admit, I was pretty concerned. I mean, over the last four days, she has been especially challenging to me. Here's the thing about my girly. She is totally awesome. She is bright and funny, way smarter than me, energetic, coordinated, sweet, sensitive and I could go on and on. But she is spicy to. She knows exactly what is going to make my head pop off. She is vascillating between being totally dependent on me, to wanting to be completely independent. And when I say vascillate, I mean minute by minute! She can be loud and on occassion can produce a piercing scream that shatters glass. So I was just hoping the best Lilly showed up at school. And you know what? Her dear teacher used words like "delightful, tremendous, great and fun" to describe my baby. Tears actually swelled in my eyes and I had to take a deep breath so I could talk. This is the first real feedback from an objective perspective on Lilly. And so far so good. Of course, there's like a hundred years of school to go, so like, anything could happen. But I maintain that if I can just steer her to use her forces for good, and not evil................................................you know what I mean.
These are pictures from her first day. She's is so stinkin adorable. And how great that she could share it with my special little niece Fiona.
No comments:
Post a Comment